- A. Dredger arrives at Teignmouth (18th/19th June)
- B. Mast Stepping/Unstepping Service now available from THC - phone Harbour Office for details
- C. Marine Traffic
- D. Painting and Blasting Works continue on Shaldon Bridge
- E. A Brief introduction to Moorings
- F. Chairman's Annual Statement and Accounts 2015 published and available
- G. Schedule of Dues 2016/17
- H. Aerial Footage of Teignmouth Harbour filmed in September 2014
- I. Looking for a small grant for an Estuary Event
- J. Mooring charges for 2016
Teignmouth Harbour Commission
The Harbour Commission is a Trust Port created by Statute. The principal Order is the Teignmouth Harbour Order 1924 as amended by the Teignmouth Harbour Revision Order 2003.
The role of the Harbour Commission is primarily as the Navigational Authority regulating marine operations within Teignmouth Harbour from the river mouth to Newton Abbot. It is required to make sure that the harbour remains open for public use and that it can be navigated without danger. It has environmental duty to conserve and facilitate the safe use of the harbour and its resources. In addition it has the responsibility of following the non statutory Port Marine Safety Code (P.M.S.C). THC is committed to and compliant with the P.M.S.C.
Teignmouth Harbour Commission also leases, from the Crown Estates, the fundus (sea/riverbed) of the Teign Estuary below the Mean High Water Line from the entrance to the Stover Canal to the Seaward Harbour Limit Boundary formed by a line joining the eastern extremity of The Ness with the Den Lighthouse. As such THC allocates and licenses all the moorings within this area on a annual basis with the exception of a few moorings that are part of private legal agreements.
Teignmouth is an historical Harbour, which has been a trading port for over three hundred years, and was a major center for crews and ships for the Newfoundland fisheries.
The following pages provide information, guidance and contacts for all users of the harbour, especially for visiting yachtsmen and boat owners, who wish to experience and enjoy this beautiful estuary.